Issue 9, Volume 1, May 21st, 2019
Bureau Veritas at IoT World
Bureau Veritas was at IoT World last week in Santa Clara, answering questions on certification and market access requirements. We hope those of you who attended had time to stop by and see our new booth.
In this picture our team is preparing for the expo floor to open. IoT
IoT attacks doubled in 2018 according to FSecure
IoT Industry has been in the spot light for growing security concerns. In a new report by F-Secure, a cybersecurity software company, attacks on IoT devices doubled in 2018. They cite weak passwords, lack of firmware updates and not patching known vulnerabilities making IoT devices prime targets leading to the massive increase in intrusion attempts.
Read more at IoT News Today.
Ukrainian government adopted the amendment to Ukrainian RED directive 355 as separate resolution
This extension is only relevant for RF products mounted within vehicles and as part of their functionality. It enters into force from the day of its publication.
The resolution/extension says:
- For the placing to the market valid certificate still must be available. It is allowed to use valid certificate, which was issued under old technical norms.
- Valid certificate under old regulation is valid now until 31 December, 2019 instead of 1 April, 2019.
- Some clarification for motivation of these changes: certification queue and implementation requirements for national language applied to the label, national DoC, user manual and risk assessment documents.
Indonesia SDPPI issued new Technical Requirements for WLAN, LPWA & DSRC devices
On May 17, 2019 Indonesia SDPPI has issued 3 technical requirements
- PERDIRGEN No. 2/2019 – Technical Requirements for Wireless Local Area Network Tools and / or Devices https://sertifikasi.postel.go.id/home/news?id=55
- PERDIRGEN No. 3/2019 – Technical Requirements for Low Power Wide Area Tools and / or Devices https://sertifikasi.postel.go.id/home/news?id=56
- PERDIRGEN No. 4/2019 – Technical Requirements for Dedicated Short Range Communication Tools and / or Device https://sertifikasi.postel.go.id/home/news?id=57
Bureau Veritas Consumer Products Services E.A.W
(Electrical & Electronics, Automotive, Wireless & Smart World) https://cpsusa-bureauveritas.com/
775 Montague Expressway, Milpitas, CA 95035, Main Line: (408) 526 1188
15 Musick, Irvine, CA 92618, Main Line: (949) 716 6512
1293 Anvilwood Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, Main Line: (669) 600 5293
1 Distribution Center Cir #1, Littleton, MA 01460, Main Line: (978) 486 8880